Most people are not prepared for unthinkable circumstances that arise in life requiring money outside of their budget. Some may turn to a Reverse Mortgage.
A Reverse Mortgage is a home loan that allows a homeowner 62 and older to withdraw some of their home equity and convert into cash. This can be used in one’s discretion to include medical expenses, debt, travel, ect.
It may sound like the right thing to do at the time but there are disadvantages.
- You have to be approved according to your credit history, monthly income vs. monthly financial obligations.
- Appraisals and inspections on your home.
- The fees cost thousands of dollars.
- The loan reduces equity in your home.
- You could lose your home if you do not pay property taxes and insurance.
- What if your health declines? If you have to be placed in a treatment facility for 12 months or more your home could foreclose because you would be considered relocated.
This may work for some but imagine finding a hidden asset without the hassle.
Ever heard of a LIFE SETTLEMENT?
Many seniors realize they do not need their life insurance policies anymore but do not realize that their life insurance policy is an asset and can be sold for a fast cash settlement if they qualify.
A life settlement is the sale of an existing life insurance policy to a third party for more than its cash surrender value.
For more information and to determine if you qualify to sell your life insurance policy, please contact Prosperity Life Settlements today @ 800-591-2551.